Cadwell Park CircuitLincolnshire
Fondly nicknamed the 'mini Nürburgring', Cadwell Park is held closely in the hearts of many motorsport fans. Located 10 miles north of Horncastle and five miles south of Louth, the Lincolnshire circuit is especially popular with bikers nationwide.
Cadwell Park's twisty and undulating nature, winding through open park and woodland, has marked it out as one of the best circuits in the country. Once discovered, it is often a firm favourite amongst many who visit, whether as a spectator or participant.
As the circuit's reputation continues to build, there are an increasing number of club car events taking place at the circuit including the Historic and Classic Sports Car Club's Wolds Trophy and the popular Vintage Sports Car Festival, along with two vintage motorcycle events.
Set in the rolling Lincolnshire countryside, Cadwell Park was established in 1934. The length of the track almost doubled to 1.3 miles in 1953, when the ascendant 500cc motorcycle-engined F3 class was invited to race in a traditional bike meeting. Reg Spreckley thus became the track's first car race winner in his Cooper. Some 30,000 spectators were said to have watched the meeting.
The original track, with its fearsome and photogenic Mountain feature, grew to its current 2.25-mile layout in 1962 and hosted the British F3 series the following May. It has three configurations - the rarely used Woodlands circuit, the short Club circuit, and the splendid, daunting Full circuit.
These days, its car racing exploits are confined to club meetings but they are invariably superb, the track's swooping nature providing fantastic racing, and the challenge proving irresistible to drivers and riders alike.
Cadwell Park Circuit
Lincolnshire LN11 9SE
Tel: 01507 343248
Fax: 01507 343519